Friday 18 March 2011

(UPDATE) AUDUSD- breakout trade

I am long AUD and I thought I would quickly post the reasons for the trade.

AUDUSD 15mins:
Price completely recovered after breaking the 98c level setting up a possible bear trap/double bottom. This mornings price action and intervention has confirmed the bear trap and a breakout from a clear Flag. Target up at 9950/1.000




AUDUSD 5mins:
I got long on the breakout of yesterdays highs @9870 and another lot on the pullback to this breakout level. Stops under the range/


Lets see how this plays out. Thought it would be interesting to give another live example.

(UPDATE) It is monday morning and I wanted to show how this trade played out. As ever, I sold early but I am happy with the trade and execution. My target was 9950 and I got out prior to this level in Asia as I was happy to call it a week and didnt want any weekend exposure. I tweeted all of this live. This proved fortutitous in the v.short term but ultimatley, AUD is now rallying higher still into parity. That is the nature of short term trading. This is a great play though and learn this setup. Simply, price broke resistance on strong momentum thus we buy the first pullback.

AUDUSD 5mins: